Day 1: Tailwater Tribe Fly Fishing Tour: Wichita Skyline...

One of my favorite Shawn Colvin songs is "Wichita Skyline."  Little did I realize that the song would ring true with me one day.  I left Gulfport, Mississippi at 7 a.m.  Friday, June 18.  I finally parked my carcass in a Comfort Inn in Wichita, Kansas at 1:00 a.m, Saturday, June 19.  Needless to say the first leg of my Tailwater Tribe Fly Fishing Tour was a long one.  After traveling through Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma and part of Kansas I was really glad to see the Wichita Skyline.  Another long leg of my journey will take me to Basalt, CO where I will fish the Frying Pan River.  This is the first river on my "Rivers I must fish this summer," list.   I'll keep you posted.  Meanwhile, here is Shawn singing one of my favorites...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Widespread Panic, Stoneflies, Bouncers, and Gurus...

I Love It When A Plan Comes Together...

Thank God For The Spring!